The first written mention about Bělá comes from Cosmas chronicle, where is written that the castle of Přimda was built on the rock near of Bělá in 1121 A.D. The village was founded on the junction of the Bezděkov brook and the Radbuza river (or the White brook which probably gave the name to the village). Another theory connects the name of the village with two local salt sources. The development of Bělá was determined by its location on one of the Middle Ages business road from Horšovský Týn to Bavaria. In the Middle Ages, the German inhabitants were more numerous than the Czech people and so the name of the village changed to German name Weissensulz.
Bělá belonged to the domination of royal castle Přimda until the end of 16th century. Bělá was one of the centers of Primda Chods who had their “town hall”. Lamingens from Albenreuth got Bělá in 1600 A.D. They built a local fortress with a brewery and a big farm in 1614. Later Bělá was connected to the domination of Újezd Svatého Kříže (Újezd of St. Cross) and a manor in Bělá became just an office centre. From the 17th century, there were founded about ten glass works; some of them ware working until the beginning of 20th century. Most of inhabitants of Bělá worked in agriculture, timbering or handmade work.
After 1945, almost all inhabitants of Bělá and its surrounding were displaced and a lot of border villages have never been renewed.